Position: Systems Engineer
Department: Field Engineering
Location: 3600 109th St, Urbandale, Iowa 50322
IP Pathways is experiencing explosive company growth! In fact, we’ve doubled in size over the last couple of years and we’d like to consider you for a position on our growing team! We are actively seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our exceptionally talented Field Engineering team. This position is based out of our Urbandale, Iowa office and reports to the Field Engineering Manager. This role interfaces directly with, and serves as a technical consultant to, the IP Pathways client base thus excellent soft skills in addition to advanced technical skills are required. IP Pathways Systems Engineers are salaried, full-time employees and are offered a convenient and flexible work schedule as well as an excellent work-life balance.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide advanced engineering expertise to the IP Pathways client base in order to implement, support, evaluate and design enterprise-class storage, virtualization and data center infrastructure solutions
- Install, configure and provide ongoing support to a wide variety of highly-resilient, scalable and specialized storage, virtualization and data center infrastructure solutions
- Perform systematic troubleshooting and thorough analysis of complex systems issues in an effort to identify root cause and provide recommendation for remediation in a clear, organized and timely manner
- Create and maintain highly-detailed infrastructure documentation including systems diagrams and architectural assessments for support, audit, compliance and disaster recovery purposes
- Establish and maintain superior level of communication with internal project team ensuring constant awareness of project and ticket statuses and potential project impediments/risks
- Serve as an escalation resource for the IP Pathways Support Engineering team
Requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advanced level knowledge and experience with enterprise-class storage, virtualization and data center infrastructure solutions and associated equipment
- Advanced level knowledge and experience with storage administration principles and best practices utilizing storage protocols such as FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS and CIFS
- Advanced level knowledge and experience with management of VMware vSphere and Horizon View environments in a production, enterprise-class implementation to include hands-on configuration, troubleshooting and upgrade responsibilities
- Advanced level knowledge and experience with systems engineering duties including Cisco UCS and/or Intel x86_64 Windows server installs, system component/application installs and patch management
- Advanced level knowledge and experience with issue identification, remediation and root cause analysis on Windows 2003/2008/2012 (including R2) servers
- Experience with supporting and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory (2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2) in an enterprise environment
- Experience with supporting and maintaining Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 mail environments including migrations
- Ability to successfully execute on multiple strategic Systems Engineering projects as assigned from end-to-end (design, implementation, support) ensuring that solutions, when implemented, meet the needs and functional requirements of the client
- Ability to articulately communicate (both written and verbal) to all levels of client staff including at the executive level
- Ability and willingness to achieve and maintain relevant certifications and accreditations as well as to remain current with related industry standards and trends
- Ability and willingness to rack servers, switches and other data center equipment as needed
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to perform implementation and support activities
- Participate in 24x7 rotating on-call schedule
- Assist with training staff and participate in new employee orientation and onboarding
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education, certification and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, configuring and supporting enterprise-class server and storage infrastructure
- NetApp, VMware, Microsoft, Cisco and Dell/EMC certifications highly desired
This position is on the Field Engineering team thus some travel is required. Most of the travel with this position will be day trips to customer sites within the State of Iowa, many of which, are located right here in the Des Moines area. Travel requiring an overnight stay is generally less than 50%. Day trip travel ranges from 50% to 75%. When travelling, hotels and rental vehicles are provided and all associated fuel and meal expenses are paid for by the company.
Why IP Pathways?
Work/life balance. IP Pathways believes in enabling families to be families. We proudly offer flexible and accommodating work schedules to meet your family’s needs and obligations.
Technical training. Looking for a company who will consistently invest in developing your technical skills? We’ll not only cover your job related training costs, but also all of your exams.
Company bike rides. Don’t own a bike? Don’t worry, we’ll make sure you get one. A helmet, too. Leave work early… enjoy free food and drinks along the way… need we say more? Did we mention the free IPP Cycling Club t-shirt?
Refreshing beverages. Fully stocked drink coolers at all offices. Grab a pop/soda, energy drink, flavored water, juice or even an ice cold gourmet coffee whenever the need arises! After all, it’s all on the house.
Delicious snacks. The snack variety is just as plentiful as the aforementioned beverage options. There is sure to be something for everyone’s appetite. Grab a protein bar or yes, even the bag of Cheetos – it can be our little secret. Yep, they’re free as well.
Company BBQs. The IPP President cooks… you eat and drink. It’s actually not that bad of a deal if you think about it. Play some bags, throw the football or just sit in a chair in the shade and relax.
Quarterly team outings. Join us for a BBQ crawl, a friendly game of laser tag or paintball, maybe enjoy a couple frames of bowling, or try your luck in the arcade, no tokens needed! The venue always changes.
Birthday celebrations. Who doesn’t like warm chocolate chip cookies baked fresh and delivered to them for their birthday? Don’t worry – we won’t sing… too loud.
Health club reimbursement. Yeah, so, after all of the… free beverages, snacks, cookies, etc… it just seems like the right thing to do. We’ll help cover a percentage of your health club membership.
If this position sounds like the challenge you have been looking for and if you’d like to join the IP Pathways culture of being the industries finest and most technically skilled individuals who will DO WHATEVER IT TAKES FOR THE CUSTOMER, please send us your cover letter and resume. Be sure to tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for the role and also IP Pathways.
Sponsorship / Relocation
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are not offering sponsorship to applicants for employment visa status. We are not offering relocation reimbursement for this position.